Please read the following carefully. we would like you to have a complete understanding of what our warranty includes. If you have any questions or concerns, we welcome you to contact us for more information.
Hassle-Free 1 Year Warranty
Swizz Auto Salvage warrants the original purchaser that their part is protected against any defect for 1 year (365 days) from the date of original purchase. In the event of defect, Swizz Auto Salvage will repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the part. This warranty is not transferable, is limited to defects in the part, and does not include accessories attached to the actual part.
Hassle-Free 1 Year Warranty on Mechanical Parts
The Mechanical Parts warranty excludes breakdowns caused by uncovered components, improper installation, failure to clear computer codes, defective workmanship, usage for which the part was not intended, and/or improper maintenance (e.g. using the incorrect types and/or levels of fluids and lubricants as outlined in the vehicles"Owner's Manual").
The time period of an Extended Warranty purchased on this site is defined by the option selected on the part page or cart page before checkout or as detailed on your invoice. Extended Warranties only extend the duration of time the part is covered and preserves the same level of coverage as specified in the Hassle-Free 1 Year Warranty and Mechanical Parts Warranty detailed above. Additional options for Extended Warranties not featured on this site may be available for purchase, please call for details.
All Warranties are Null and Void if:
- The part purchased is installed in an application for which the vehicle manufacturer did not intend it.
- Defect or failure is caused by a towing trailer or any other vehicle unless your vehicle is equipped for this purpose as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Failure resulted by abuse, misuse, or improper modification.
- The part fails or becomes defective resulting from the vehicle being involved in a collision.
- The vehicle is not serviced at proper intervals, or appropriate fuel or coolant is not supplied in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's specifications.
- Failure or defect caused by theft, fire, collision, explosion, earthquake, lightning, windstorm, hail, water, freezing or flood.
- Heat tab centers are melted or removed.
Terms and Conditions
- All warranties are not transferable
- Warranty coverage begins as of the date of purchase as indicated on the original invoice.
- The original invoice must accompany all return items
- Swizz Auto Salvage must approve of any repairs or replacements, prior to any work being performed.
- Proof of regularly scheduled maintenance is required.
- Swizz Auto Salvage reserves the right to inspect any product prior to replacement.
- Timing belts, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, fluids and seals are routine maintenance items and should be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacturer's recommended service intervals.
(Refer to vehicle manufacturer's owner's manual for recommended maintenance schedule and specifications)
- Swizz Auto Salvage drains all fluids from the parts that we sell. It is the customer's responsibility to fill all part components with the appropriate fluids or lubricants. Cooling system must be filled with appropriate antifreeze.
- Warranty does not cover freight costs or similar damages.
- Windshields and other glass breakage are not covered under this or any warranty, unless specified on the invoice.
- Swizz Auto Salvage is not responsible for any injury or damages that result from installation of purchased parts.
- The year and model of the vehicle or part printed on an invoice is within range of interchangeability. The part supplied to customer may not necessarily be the exact model and year as the part or vehicle that has been provided.
- Proper verification of operating conditions for cooling and electrical systems must be checked at time of installation of parts or products that can be affected by these systems.
- Engines: Engine warranties are limited to defects in the block, rod knock, block cracks, and excessive smoking. We do not guarantee against oil leaks. Engine accessories installed or attached to the motor for convenience or preference are not covered by our warranty. Engines will not be covered if center heat tab is melted or removed. Claims related to overheating resulting from improper maintenance and or lubrication of the cooling system and or engine, are not covered by warranty. Swizz Auto Salvage does not warrant suitability of engines or other parts for compliance with any state's smog regulations. Customer is responsible for making this determination prior to purchase.
- Transmissions: When purchasing a transmission, installer is responsible for replacing radiator or transmission oil cooler, flushing the transmission oil cooling lines, filling the differential, shifter mechanism adjustments; including filter, seals, and gaskets. In addition, the installer is also responsible for checking computer codes and resetting as necessary upon the installation of a transmission.
Transmissions are guaranteed to work properly. Transmission gears are guaranteed to be in working condition. Swizz Auto Salvage does not provide warranty on gear and case damage or breakage caused as a result of improper use, installation, or abuse.